Monday, March 5, 2018

Planet Comicon: Signing Off

I thought I'd leave this year's Planet Comicon adventure with a few final words and observations.  As I've said before, the most enjoyable part of attending for me is meeting the authors that exhibit and chatting with them for a bit.  And, if their book strikes me as something in my preferred genre(s), I'll buy it (or at least one of their offerings).  Kristin Helling's Christmas book hit the bulls-eye, and  J.R. Frontera's sci-fi collection was excellent.

Oh - hey - look what I found on the top shelf of a $5 rack of graphic novels:


Cool!  Christmas strikes again at Planet Comicon!

So, that's it for this year.  I found some other nice and cheap graphic novels, plus not quite so cheap GNs in the Star Trek and Riverdale (Archie) universes, signed by the artists.  And, a (cheap again) compendium of "The Elongated Man", one of my fave super-heroes from my formative years (oh so long ago).  Add in seeing panels from two Walking Dead actors and the amazing Alice Cooper, and it was a great couple of days!

Until next year....

We now return to normal Christmas music programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment